2015年3月7日土曜日

Appreciation

Walter was lost for three days. 

I knew that Walter who loves his food and warm fuzzy blanket to knead on, he wasn't the venturing type.
I knew he wanted to come home but somehow couldn't. 
We went looking for him, asked our neighbors, looked in trees, no Walter.
I was so worried he was stuck somewhere and what if he starved if we couldn't find him in time?

We have five cats and a child. You may think one cat missing out of five it's not a big deal. But Walter was gone, and it was like there was a big hole in our lives. The kitchen was quiet. There was a piece of chicken left on the floor and no one came with his pointy nose to snatch it up. 
The house seemed quiet. I missed Walter so much. He is so unique that I wouldn't find another cat like him. 

I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I made flyers and Shane put them up. We could only pray that someone finds him in their garden, or shed and contact us.
That night, I looked out the patio door and THERE HE WAS!!!!!!

He rushed in, and he gobbled up 3 packs of wet food. And while he was eating, he kept on jumping up to rub his head on my hand (we call it Walter Hi Five)  so many times that food was coming out of his mouth. He was so hungry and so happy to see us. 
He looked skinny. His coat was little bit dirty but not manky. He went upstairs and slept. 
I went to stroke him and he actually purred the whole time. 

He really did want to come home. And now he was home he was tolerating bit of stroking and fussing more than usual!

Hime went to lick him. Mieszky jumped on him and got growled. 
I told Zumzum that Kuroi Pazzy (Black Pazzy) is back. 


I realized we were the ones who didn't appreciate him, not Walter.
He came back and I'm so happy. Our lives are complete again.

0 件のコメント: