2016年7月1日金曜日

Lovely Cookie 3 -- When Zum was born

When Zumzum came, it was a big change for everyone.
People told us, "oh cats get jealous of babies".
Not really.

I remember when we brought Zum home from the hospital when she was 5 days old.
Cookie came to look what was in the car seat, and she looked so scared!
She's never seen a creature like that!!!

I think all the cats except for Paz, who may have seen the next door's baby, were surprised!

But they all got used to Zum.

Cookie always takes opportunity to enjoy my lap
She would sit downstairs with Shane on his lap while I was upstairs with Zum.
She would come see me, and sleep next to me and Zum. And of course she took advantage of me when I was downstairs enjoying my Alone Time during Zum's nap.



Zum's first real word, other than "Baa!" (which is Boo! in Japanese)  was "Pazzy".
She started saying that in January, 2015, when she was 13 months old.

She called all the cats "Pazzy".
Then around March 2015, when Zum was 15 months old, she started saying, "Cookie".

I would read her the cat book, and she started pointing at tortoiseshell cats in the book, and say,
"Coo-Kie".
She also pointed at the little "Tama" Doll, and said, "Cookie".

Cookie treated Zumzum equally like us, and would say, "Erghhhhh!" to her when Zum came to her.

I taught Zum to scratch her chin couple of months ago, and Zum would scratch her chin, and Cookie would tilt her head, and say, "Erghhhhh!", for approval.

I think Zum really enjoyed growing up with her cat brothers and sisters.

0 件のコメント: